| Return to Rolled/Pressed Cookies
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 cup almonds, finely ground
1/2 teas. salt
4 tablespoons butter(1/2 stick) softened
2/3 cup sugar
1/2 teas. vanilla extract
1. Cover the outside of a loaf pan with foil. Spray with vegetable cooking spray.
2. In a medium bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, almonds and salt. in a large bowl, using an electric mixer set on medium, beat butter, sugar,egg and vanilla until light and fluffy. Add flour mixture;beat until a dough forms, about 2 minutes.
3. Preheat oven to 350 F. Roll dough out to about 1/8-inch thickness. Using a 1 1/2 inch cookie cutter with scalloped edges, cut out shapes.
4. Cover pan with cutouts, overlapping and pressing them slightly.
Bake cookie bowl until edges are firm, about 15 minutes. Transfer pan to a wire rack and cool completely.
5. To remove the cookie bowl, carefully lift it off the foil-lined loaf pan. Remove foil.