Most of us think we know what's good and bad for us but here's some surprising rese by Dr. David Spiegelhalter of Cambridge University.
These are five unhealthy things people do every day and how much they can SHORTEN your life.....
1. Smoking a pack of cigarettes shortens your life by five hours...which adds up to two and a half months if you do it every day for a year.
2. You lose two hours of life expectancy a day...or one month a year . . . just by being a man instead of a woman.
3. Eating one serving of red meat shortens your life by half an hour...or seven and a half days over a year.
4. Watching two hours of television a day also shortens your life by a half hour. So this season of "The Bachelor" is going to cost you a full DAY of your life.
5. Every alcoholic drink after your first one shortens your life by 15 minutes.
These are five healthy things people can do to LENGTHEN their life.....
1. Eating five or more servings of fruits and vegetables in a day adds two hours to your life each time you do it. That's a month added to your life over a year.
2. Doing 20 minutes of cardio adds an hour to your life each time...or two weeks a year.
3. Doing another 40 minutes of cardio after the first 20 minutes adds another half hour. So doing an hour a day will get you three extra weeks of life over a year.
4. Drinking two or three cups of coffee a day will make you life a half hour longer.
5. Drinking ONE alcoholic beverage adds a half hour to your life. And since each extra drink takes away 15 minutes, that means that, from a life-expectancy standpoint, you can have three drinks a day...for FREE.