Happy Halloween! Here are some little known facts. Okay, some might be known. :)
1. The first jack-o-lanterns were actually made from turnips! Pumpkins waaaaayyy better.
2. The worlds largest pumpkin weighed 1,872 pounds. I wonder how many pies that would make?
3. Halloween is the second highest grossing commercial holiday after Christmas.
4. Americans purchase over 20 million pounds of Candy Corn each year! (Do you eat it? I like it but I decorated with it this year instead!)
5. According to legend if you see a spider on Halloween it's actually the spirit of a loved one watching you. (Okay, for one day only I vow not to kill a spider if I see one. However if it is REALLY BIG and hairy I cannot keep this promise. I will scream like a little girl and swat. I can't help it.)
6. Finally, it's rare to have a full moon on Halloween however it's predicted to happen on 10/31/2020. Mark the calendars!